One of the chores on Destiny's summer work chart is emptying the dishwasher. It is one chore that she often "fusses" to get out of. On Tuesday when she started to complain about it I told her she needs to empty it so I can put the dirty dishes into it. She looked at the dirty dishes and asked, "Why can't I wash them like I used to?" She was remembering when she was much younger and I would let her play in the sink. I decided, "Why not?" Surely I was washing dishes by her age.
So obviously I am not letting her wash all our dishes by hand, but it has turned out to be a chore that she is absolutely delighted to do. In fact, we've had a very good week. When we get home from the gym and the pool I make a list for her, including fun things like a movie or computer games, she decides in which order she wants to do the things on the list, and we number them. She loves checking them off.
This weekend and next Jeremy is performing in a production of Oklahoma. He is playing the part of Will. Last evening was the first of six shows and he said it went really well. Somebody told him afterward that he and one of the girls stole the show. And guess what? I'm going to find out for myself next weekend. Lisa had a Southwest ticket voucher that she let me use and I'm making a VERY QUICK trip just to get to see this show. We have VBS Sunday evening through Thursday evening, then Friday morning I'll head to the Baltimore airport, fly to Tampa, watch the show Friday evening, and fly back home Saturday afternoon. Of course I'm not complaining at all that I'll get some Sophie time in there!! I'm all excited just thinking about it!

4 comments:
You life is nothing short of a whirlwind! Good for you! I love the picture of Destiny washing dishes! There is something about that photo that makes me think it should be on the front of the Post magazine. How cute!
That is a really cute picture of Destiny - she can visit me, I need a dishwasher!
Hi there! My Mom and Aunt left this morning so I'm having fun catching up with everyone...finally! As always, you've been a busy girl. I enjoyed reading each and every post I've missed. Cute cute photo of Destiny!
Hugs!
Kat
You know, I actually do enjoy washing dishes...only now my back won't let me stand in one position for so long. Good for Destiny. I wonder sometimes if our grandchildren will even know about some of the chores we used to do.
Post a Comment