Monday, May 19, 2008

No adrenaline left

Today I feel like I don't have an ounce of adrenaline left in my body. I am sooooo sleepy. I felt like I would fall asleep on my way home from staff meeting. I took an hour-and-a-half nap early this evening, and now I'm ready to go crawl under the covers for the night. It doesn't help any that we seem to be having March weather.

My sister Rose was wondering who the former student of mine was who passed away. It was Brittany Ward, who would soon have turned 23. Brittany had some mental handicaps and health issues, and came to our school in grades two through eight. With the help of very committed teachers, resource people, classmates, and family Brittany made great strides. Her younger sister Kaitlyn is the one whose high school concert Dick and I recently attended. On Friday morning Kaitlyn found Brittany having a seizure after their mother had left for work. Unfortunately her efforts, and those of the paramedics and hospital personnel were not successful in getting Brittany's heart restarted. It was a tragic shock. This was a family who did everything to encourage, protect, and help Brittany to succeed. Brittany's death leaves a huge, huge void in their hearts and their family. Please keep them in your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aren't our bodies amazing. The adrelelin is there when we need it for major events, and when the events are over it is gone! Reminds me of the end of tax season and the end of a college year. I know that nap was desperately needed. And now another cold, rainy day!!! MEW