Thursday, May 29, 2008

The last hurrah

This morning we had our final staff meeting for the year, then we did our annual lunch at the Olive Garden. We were there for two hours and it was just a bit noisy at times! Thankfully they gave us a room at the back.

We were delighted to include Edna, our fifth grade teacher who was on medical leave this entire year. She has been battling multiple myeloma for the past three years and has been participating in a trial treatment at Johns Hopkins. They not only did a bone marrow transplant this year, but a stem cell transplant. Of the 15 who participated in this trial, 2 are now cancer free, and Edna is one of them!! Praise God!! She will be back teaching 5th grade again next year.


Our table ordered several desserts to share. At one point in the passing around of the desserts, they all ended up with Deb, our secretary. Looks like she's just chowing down those sweets!
We had to say our last goodbyes to Ren, our Cambodian volunteer. What a sweet guy. I felt like he was one of my boys and I'm going to miss him. Thankgoodness for the internet.

This afternoon I had my six-week hair appointment, only it was seven weeks this time. Somebody counted wrong when they made this appointment, I guess. I was starting to feel like Raggedy Ann - no wonder.

So tomorrow I'll be all about getting everything around here ready for me to be gone, and then getting myself ready to be gone.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cherdecor said...

That is great news about Edna! I wish her well.