One of the pleasures of taking my school worship team to other churches is getting to meet old acquaintances that I might otherwise never get to see. This past Sunday I met John and Rosie Gingerich, friends from my high school days. They are still a very good-looking couple. It was fun to catch up on each others' lives.
Yesterday I noticed, in my worship team bag, a guitar pick-up (something used to turn an acoustic guitar into an electric one) that did not belong to us. I took it over to the middle school hall and showed it to a couple of my guitar players. They said, "That's the one Peter used on Sunday morning. He thought it was ours. That old guy from that church looked at it and said he has one just like it."
So I realized we had brought home with us that old guy's guitar pick-up. What old guy, I kept wondering? I could not remember any old guy talking to my guitar players on Sunday morning.
This morning I told Dick about the extra guitar pick-up. He said he thought it was ours too, but he did see that John Gingerich was talking to the boys about it. JOHN!!! My boys were talking about him and calling him 'that old guy.' I cracked up!! Here I was thinking how young and good-looking John and Rosie still are, and my kids are calling him 'that old guy.' What ever in the world must they think Dick and I are?
4 comments:
Shelby has a habit of talking about her friends' parents and grandparents, saying that they're really old - like about 60. Then she looks at me, realizes what she's said, and tries to talk her way out. Funny how others can be old at 60, but she says I'm not old at 62.
Do you remember when we were teenagers, and everyone over 30 was old!
That is so funny!
Hey, we're over 30, so I guess we're old. LOL
Hugs!
Kat
It really is hilarious to realize what children consider 'old.' It makes me laugh EVERY time! :-)
Post a Comment