What's an energetic little girl supposed to do when her grandparents want to take a Sunday afternoon nap? After we woke up, still in her Sunday dress and pantihose, she brought her scooter in from the sunroom and rode around the "circle" of our house about 50 times - through the laundry, the kitchen, the dining area, my office, our bedroom, our bathroom, back through the laundry..... In that black dress she might even pass for an Amish girl. Anyone from this area knows how common it is to see Amish children riding their scooters along the country roads.
We had a really good weekend with her. Yesterday was gorgous and she got a chance to ride her two-wheeler while Dick worked outside, then in the evening he took her to our church's game night while I went to the musical at Manheim Central. And now she's back home in Reading for the week.

5 comments:
It was really interesting looking at pictures from Sweden, a place I will probably never see. I too, enjoyed the architecture of the buildings. The one church with the very tall evergreen tree beside it was an amazing picture.
It sounds like everything is back to normal at your house and now Dick and you have to get back to living!
Thanks for posting all the pictures of Dick's trip. It was so fun to see Miki, Kris, and the kids. I'm glad you had a good weekend with Destiny, too. Have a good week at school!
I have thoroughly enjoyed the postings of the last week. What a joy to have your husband home safe and sound! When I was reading your postings, I thought, too, about how special it is that he could go and that you would encourage him to go. And that Destiny girl is really growing up. Did you guys get any sleep while she rode that scooter around and around and around? Or did she do that quietly? Sure was good to catch up! I've not had much time to leisurely peruse the blogs lately. Thanks for the tour!
I've just finished my little "tour" of Sweden. I'm so glad you posted all those pictures and it was nice to see Miki, Kris and kids too. What a great trip!
Jean, I feel like I just took a trip to Sweden! Tell Dick he did a great job with the pictures. I am glad he had a nice time. I know they were sorry for him to leave.
Hope you all have a happy week!
Post a Comment