I have so much to do for school tomorrow, so this has to be quick. My sisters will enjoy this post more if I mention some names, so that's what I'm going to do.
What an INTERESTING day! After school I had my six-week hair appointment, the long one when I get the whole works, highlights and everything. My hairdresser often works on two people simultaneously, and this time his other person was a friend I haven't seen for a long, long time, Linda (Martin) Esbenshade. She was also getting the whole works done, so we just gabbed away for two hours. It was so much fun!
Then this evening my sister and I went to the viewing of a neighbor woman we knew very well when we were children, Mabel Moyer. We saw SO MANY people we hadn't seen for many years, including several of Linda Esbenshade's sisters and her mother! I told them, "I just spent the last two hours at the hair dresser with Linda, so I'm all caught up on all of you!" It was wonderful to get to talk to Mabel Moyer's daughters Betty and Jean. Betty and I were in the same class in school from first grade through twelfth, and in the same carpool for many of those years. She has lived in Minnesota most of her adult life, and I don't think we've seen each other since high school! We also talked with a woman I worked for as a hired girl when I was in my early teens, Grace Faus. She has twelve children, the youngest now twenty years old. Many of her children have large families also. At this point they have 69 grandchildren, and this summer after a few more births and weddings take place their family total will hit 100!!! Every year they get a picture taken of them all together, and it's not a cut-and-paste picture like mine, either! This day was truly like a trip down memory lane, so much fun.
My brother-in-law Scott is doing really well. I'll try to give more details this weekend.
And now I MUST get to work. (So much for a quick post!)
2 comments:
I love it when I can spend time with a friend while I get my hair done or during pedicures. So much fun.
Sounds like you're pretty busy.
Hugs!
Kat
Enjoy your new haircut! Have a great weekend!
Love,
Angie xoxo
Post a Comment