Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow day

Yes, we are having our first "snow day" of the year. It really didn't snow that much (yet anyway), but it was enough to close all the schools for several counties around. I just stuck my head out the sunroom door to take this picture and discovered that right now we're getting freezing rain. Yuck! Every time we've gotten any snow this year, we have always gotten freezing rain on top of it. As much as I hate winter and driving in snow, I would just love to have one big fluffy, piled high snow storm - the kind we had in the old days, of course!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Momma Roar said...

Our school is still open today - hahaha - sorry, couldn't resist! (remember, I'm sew funny!)

The kids and I went out around 9 and it was nice and fluffy yet - got some good sled rides in down the backyard! Just as we were starting to get tired, it turned over more to rain - but we had a great time outside. Now, to get back to work - oh wait, I better stop reading blogs then, huh? :-D

Mari said...

Glad you get a snow day, but I hope the freezing rain doesn't last long. That really does the roads in!

Anonymous said...

The snow changed our plans too. We planned to attend a banquet in Ohio tonight. However, Cerwin did not feel like fighting his way through snow and sleet in Western Pennsylvania.

Tropical Mexican said...

I'm laying out right now. No joke. It is 80. Sophie is playing in the sandbox.

Jean said...

Well, if you need to cool off down there in that 80 degree weather, I'll throw you a snow ball. Can you send me some warm weather, pleeeeease?

Anonymous said...

Yes it would be great to have one big snow without the freezing rain or sleet. I guess we are to be thankful with what we get any way

Cherdecor said...

I am glad that you had the day off. Actually, it wasn't too bad so maybe you got somethings done.

We will see what happens tonight. More is to come.