Saturday, February 02, 2008

Our trip to Pittsburgh

On Thursday school dismissed at 11:30, and immediately afterward our administrator, our MCC volunteer, and ten of us teachers made haste to the shopping center where we were to be picked up by a "coach" that another local Christian school was taking to the conference in Pittsburgh.

We were soon to discover that it wasn't quite the "coach" we had envisioned, but you know how it is for Christan schools - we need to save pennies every way possible. I guess this was one of those ways. The teachers from the other school had taken up residence in the front two-thirds of the bus, so we made our way to the back.

At this point we were still feeling quite happy and chipper.

Pictured above are, left to right, Rachel (2nd grade), Laura (kindergarten), Danelle (1st grade), Jean (kindergarten),

Pam (4th grade), Wendy (1st grade), Judy (librarian, computer teacher),
Ruthie (Bible and phys ed), Wendy (art and Pre-K), and Ren (our one-year volunteer through Mennonite Central Committee from Cambodia.) Ray, our administrator, was in the back beside Ren. You'll see him in the next picture.

Our other teachers who did not choose to go to this convention visited other schools instead.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your trip to Pittsburgh. I remember bus trip experiences like that - ususally when we were youth advisors!

Susan said...

Thanks for your sweet comment about our family pictures. Yes, we are happy to have the family together in one place. It has been a test and struggle and we are still not of "one mind" but God is working on that, too!! Our God is faithful.
Susan

Justabeachkat said...

Wow Jean! You did a great job of documenting your trip with photos. I know you had a good time, but I'm sure that bus trip home seemed to last forever!

Hugs!
Kat