Friday, January 25, 2008

Thirty-four years ago


Thirty-four years ago today was one of the most pivital days of my entire life - the day I became a mother. I remember almost every detail of that entire day as though it had been yesterday. My favorite memory is of the first time I had my beautiful, little red-skinned, black-haired baby girl Lisa alone with me in my room - just the two of us. I remember how I introduced myself to her.... Okay, I gotta stop - I'm starting to cry already.

Anyway, happy birthday, Lisa Joy. You are truly a joy to me.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becoming a mother surely does change one's life.

Happy Birthday, Lisa.

Tropical Mexican said...

And the hairdos haven't really changed that much in the two pictures...hahaha! Although I know there have been lots of different styles over the years. I love her however her hair looks - short,long, dark, light... : ) Happy birthday Lisa! xo

I attempted to make a video of Sophie singing happy birthday for you this morning Lisa but haven't figured it out. This blogging thing and You Tube is tough stuff!

Mari said...

She was beautiful then and now! Happy Birthday Lisa!

Tropical Mexican said...

thanks mom . Love you

Tonja said...

Happy Boirthday, Lisa. Best wishes to you. I know one of the blessings in your life has to be your sweet Mother!

Cherdecor said...

Happy Birthday to your dear Lisa! What joy she has brought into your home over the years! She is the gift that keeps on giving - first George, then Sophie. What will be next? ? ?

What a sweet girl!

Tracey said...

Awwww.how sweet! As always, I'm behind on blog reading and late wishing her a happy birthday! I'll head over there now!

Angela Baylis said...

Okay, now you got me crying! She is beautiful! Being a mother is such an honor. God is SO good to us!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I've seen you around a lot too! I am going to read your older posts.

Happy Belated Birthday to Lisa!
Love,
Angie

Tonja said...

Hi Girl! It's me again. Just gave you an award on my blog. You really deserve this one...not that you don't deserve all the other ones, but you especialy deserve this one. Did that make sense? Oh well, just go get your award! :)

Justabeachkat said...

Happy Happy Birthday to sweet Lisa.

Hugs!
Kat