This morning at church a mime team did a dramatic and very touching presentation. A teenage girl from our church has been involved with this team for several years, and now she's leading a younger team as well. Between the two teams they did a total of seven songs. They do not sing or speak, but act out the message of the songs, and they are very, very good.
This afternoon after my nap I got caught up with paper grading. Report card time is coming up, but I also am going to Florida next weekend, so I have got to keep up.
Sam was home this weekend. Yesterday he and I helped Destiny to make this guitar, an idea she saw in an old Highlights magazine. It's made with a graham cracker box, a paper towel roll, and rubber bands, and painted with pink paint leftover from her bedroom. She likes her harmonica too. We have a children's harmonica songbook that shows numbered circles for each syllable of each word, filled in for blowing out and not filled in for drawing in.
This afternoon Dick and Sam took Destiny to Chuck E. Cheese while they waited for Sam's car to have tires put on at Pep Boys. This evening we took her home again. (If she ever comes to your mind, please pray for her. There are so many desperate situations in both her mommy and her daddy's lives.)
And another week begins.

3 comments:
ooooooh! I love Destiny's guitar! How neat! She is one musical little girl.
I will pray for Destiny and her family. Hope you have a wonderful week!
How can she help but love music? How fortunate she is to have such a great encourager! I know her situation tugs at your heart all the time. God bless her. I just think He has a special angel just with her. I'll keep her in my prayers...you, too.
Destiny is SO very lucky to have you and your husband in her life. I know I've said that before, but it really is SO true. I will definitely pray for her when she comes to mind..and like Tonja said, you too!
Post a Comment