What an easy day! In each class we just watched portions of the program video. I had trouble staying awake! After school I took the rented mics back to Crown Magnetics in Lebanon. (I couldn't believe how much ice there was just a few miles north of our school. My parents still do not have electricity ever since Sunday morning at 5:00 AM. They are sleeping at my brother's house again tonight.) After that I took the spotlight back to Ace Rents in Lancaster, then went to the gym for a good, hard workout.
Dick went to play basketball this evening and I had a nice, quiet evening alone, catching up on laundry folding, bookwork, and watching the Clash of the Choirs on TV. Wow!!!!!! Of course Jeremy and I were on the phone several times. Each of the five choirs was amazing, but Patti LaBelle's choir from Philadelphia was absolutely sensational as they sang He's Got the Whole World in His Hands. I'm telling you, they were accompanied by the presence of the Lord, and even in a secular setting, it was felt. The emcee said afterward, "I'm speechless." One of the panel members said, "I was just waiting for someone to pass the offering plate!"
5 comments:
Go Philly!! That was my favorite one too!
Me too!! They just blew everyone else away. I thougt it was a great show.
I've been wondering how you were doing. Last year when we had the ice storm in St. Louis, many folks were out of electricity for over a week. I hope your parents get their electricity restored soon. Also, I'm glad you finally got a break at school. Woo Hoo!! And tv at night? Yes, you are reconnecting with the rest of the world (tee hee).
~Cheryl
watched clash of the choirs as well but michael Bolton is my favorite but yes Patty labelle was very good as well. Actually they are good.
I have not seen that show...but it sounds very interesting. I will check it out.
Post a Comment