Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Spirit of Christmas

Today I want to thank Kat who passed on the Spirit of Christmas award to me. I'm surely glad that the Spirit of Christmas is not described as having all the traditional Christmas things done well in advance. I would NEVER deserve that one. My focus is always on the Christmas programs, both at school and at church. Everything else gets done by the seat of my pants - if it gets done at all. I do not have a a big group of blogs that I read, and Kat pretty much passed this award on to the very ones I would have. However, if you read my blog - in other words, if you're one of my lurkers - consider yourself awarded!

What is the Spirit of Christmas you ask?

Quite simply it is those that have a generous and giving nature. Those who care about others. Those who have a kind word to say or a broad shoulder to lean on in the times that others need that. Those who display the "Spirit of Christmas".



I would like to say that the spirit of Christmas is not only about giving and caring. It really is about humility and sacrifice. I never cease to be overwhelmed by the thought that Jesus willingly left His highly exalted position in heaven to come down on this earth as a human baby. And, being God, he KNEW what he would be facing - the rejection, the temptations, the hatred, the cruel death on the cross, the weight of the sins of the whole world, the Father turning His face.... Whenever I have questions and doubts about God's ways, I go back to his sacrifice, and once again, I KNOW He is LOVE.

4 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Jean...you so deserve this award. You are one of the kindest, sweetest, most giving people I know. I treasure your friendship.

Hugs!
Kat

Cherdecor said...

Jean, I can't think of a better person to receive this award than you. You are the kindest and sweetest person I know.

Dianne said...

I think you deserve it too, Jean...are you AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

I agree with all the other responses. You are so deserving of this.