Fall has arrived. Actually, this morning it felt like winter had arrived. All in two days I had all these firsts: yesterday I wore pantyhose and closed-toe shoes to church for the first time since Spring, this morning I wore a coat for the first time, as well as socks and regular shoes, AND I had to scrape ICE off my car windows before I could drive to school. The secretary at school hates cold weather as badly as I do and we always like to joke about when we're going to move to Florida. So when I got to school I told her, "Well, Deb, I'm officially depressed." And I proceeded to tell her about all my cold weather "firsts." She agreed that she's officially depressed also. Of course we're kidding about being depressed (sort of!), but we still hate cold weather.
But I do have to admit that I slept REALLY good last night. Our bedroom was cold so I put an extra quilt on top and I slept straight through until my alarm clock rang. Rare indeed. That is cold weather's one redeeming virtue as far as I'm concerned.
I said on Saturday morning that I would write a Saturday Story later in the day. I actually started to write it when I realized I had already posted that story one other Saturday - the one about the time I got into the wrong car with the wrong man. If you never heard that one, go to my Story Saturday label and scroll down to May 26. This coming Saturday I'll post a story about my Pimp Wagon. Ha! I'll bet I got your attention on that one! Now what would a good Christian lady like me have to do with a pimp wagon? I guess you'll just have to wait until Saturday to find out!!
9 comments:
I have a love/hate relationship with cold weather. I love the clothes and boots for cold weather. I love fireplaces and hot chocolate. I love soups. I love the Holidays. I also love how good I sleep when it's cold. Etc. Etc. Etc. BUT....I hate being cold.
Hugs!
Kat
I hate cold weather too. Our pool isn't heated and the water temp has dropped below 85 degrees. Brrr! I even turned on the heated seats in the car on the way to the gym. Next thing you know I'll need to wear a jacket. He he
Lisa
Thinking warm thoughts for you here in Florida.
Okay, enough already, Lisa!! I knew I'd get a response out of you!
I identify with you on cold weather - first time to wear nylons since spring, and an extra quilt on the bed last night. I love the animal dress-up pictures.
I am so not a cold weather person. I do not like any part of it...except getting to have a fire in the fireplace.
Pimp wagon????
I feel the same of having a love and hate about the cold. I love fireplaces and hot chocolate and soup as well. I don"t like staying out in the cold for long periods but I do like some snow and enjoy being out in it for a little. I liked driving in it. It was challenging and at times fun. Most people would not say that for sure. alot people complain about driving in the snow. Hey I can give lessons how to drive in the snow if anybody wants to know how. Lol
Joanne, you are too funny! I know you're at least a year older than me and you're offering to give snow-driving lessons??!!! You go, girl!
I think I am going to like the cold weather this year. I don't have to go any place. I can wear three pairs of socks at one time under my warm, knitted, slippers. I can sit by the fireplace and watch TV (maybe). I can sit in a warm room which the computers have heated up. I don't know about the soup, though. Soup reminds me of sickness, and I am done with that! Ha!
I love the winter, I just hate that it's during tax season and I can't take any time off to just 'cozy up' with it. Actually, Spring and Fall are my favorites, but Winter is a close third. Summer...UGH! Who like temps over 100???
:-)
Post a Comment