Saturday, August 11, 2007

Still having fun

We're still having fun down here. Last evening we went out to eat at their favorite Mexican restaurant. The food and atmosphere were great. I'll post pictures after we get home.

This morning we headed to the beach right away and had a WONDERFUL time. The water down here is so warm. There's nothing as relaxing to me as being in the ocean water up to my neck and letting the swell of the waves take me up and down as I look around at the beauty and vastness of the water and sky. Being with loved ones makes it that much more special. Sophie just loves the sand and Destiny could live in the water. So they were both happy.

After we came back to Lisa's and got cleaned up we headed to Jeremy's place in Brandon, about 1/2 hour away. (He was with us last evening at the restaurant and this morning at the beach.) Jeremy has two dogs - Lady, the sweet, docile Jack Russel that he's had for years, and Molly, the Miniature Italian Greyhound puppy that he just got this winter. She is a bundle of ENERGY. Add to that a male Shitzu that he's babysitting for someone else and Destiny who decided to pretend she was a dog all evening! Grrr!

I went grocery shopping soon after we got to Jeremy's, and while I was at the store it decided to start pouring rain. So I have looked like a drowned rat the rest of the day. This evening I made sausage and creamed potatoes for supper and molasses ginger snaps, two of Jeremy's favorite recipes.

While I was busy in the kitchen Jeremy and Dick and Mike, Jeremy's roommate, were busy tearing out the carpet in Jeremy's bedroom and starting to install wood flooring. What they've gotten done so far looks really beautiful. I'm glad Dick is getting the experience of doing it, because I really want to get rid of some carpets too sometime.

We're sleeping at Jeremy's tonight and will go back to Lisa's later tomorrow.

6 comments:

Tonja said...

Glad you are having such good family time! Have a happy Sunday!

Blessings,

Tonja

Cherdecor said...

We are waiting for pictures! Have a great time!

Dianne said...

I'm with Tonja..I'm glad you're having so much fun. Can't wait to hear more and see pictures...

Justabeachkat said...

I'm so happy you're having a good time. It sounds like Dick will be busy installing flooring in your house before long. (Our new house has NO carpet at all. I love it. We have Chicago brick flooring in most of the house, except for bedrooms with hardwood flooring and bathrooms with tile and limestone. I don't think I'll ever have carpet again.)

Can't wait to hear all about your trip and see photos :-)

Hugs!
Kat

Profbaugh said...

I'm so glad you're having a wonderful time and that Dick is learning to put in floors. Maybe you can all come visit here and teach my hubby. Our house just turned 16yrs old and it's ready for some new flooring (tee hee).

Seriously Jean, continue to have a wondeful time as you enjoy your family.

Your bloggin' buddy in sizzling St. Louis,
~Cheryl

Tracey said...

So glad you're having fun! All your bloggy friends can't wait to see your pictures!!!