Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Lord is good

Due to several families being away on vacation and the men and boys' camping trip this weekend, our attendance was lower than normal this morning at church. But the Lord did not go on vacation! I just love when it's very evident that He has a theme throughout the service, even when we humans did not get together ahead of time to plan it out. The last two songs I led this morning before the message were "Let Your Holy Rain Fall Down" and "All Who Are Thirsty", both songs which confess our dry and weary souls that are crying out to the Lord for strength. (I'll type the lyrics below.) The elder who preached this morning had a message prepared from Isaiah 40: 28- 51 and Psalm 103 which speak of renewing our strength. We couldn't have planned it better if we had tried!

After church Destiny and I went to my friend Rose's house for a most delicious lunch. She has a lot of animals, so Destiny was in heaven. When we got home at 2:30 Dick was already home from camping. I got a goooood nap while Destiny watched her Veggie Tales Jonah movie.

This evening we went to visit Dick's parents. His stepmother finished chemo treatments for lymphoma a few months ago. Her hair is growing back and she didn't have her wig on this evening. She looks very "hip". I told her she should spike it!

Now for the lyrics from the songs I mentioned above. This first one I learned in the last year. I subscribe to SongDiscovery through which I receive a new enhanced CD of Praise and Worship songs from various sources every two months. I wish you could hear this song.

LET YOUR HOLY RAIN FALL DOWN

DAVID M. EDWARDS, REGI STONE

IN DRY AND BARREN LAND
OUR FIELDS HAVE TURNED TO SAND
BEFORE YOU NOW WE STAND
LORD COME AND HEAL THIS LAND

LET YOUR HOLY RAIN FALL DOWN
LET YOUR HOLY RAIN FALL DOWN
WASH AND CLEANSE WITHIN WITHOUT
WATER OUR SOUL'S THIRSTY GROUND
LET YOUR HOLY RAIN FALL DOWN

THE WELLS OF OUR SUPPLY
ARE BROKEN AND RUN DRY
WITH DESP'RATE HEARTS WE CRY
LORD OPEN UP THE SKY

LET YOUR HOLY RAIN FALL DOWN
LET YOUR HOLY RAIN FALL DOWN
WASH AND CLEANSE WITHIN WITHOUT
WATER OUR SOUL'S THIRSTY GROUND
LET YOUR HOLY RAIN FALL DOWN

2006 VAN NESS PRESS, INC.

I'll never forget the first time I heard this next song back in 2003. I was experiencing a heart rending event in regards to Destiny, and Jeremy led this song. I could not sing a word of the song as I sat and wept. My friend Kati, who knew nothing of what I was experiencing, felt the Lord urging her to get up and go put her arms around me. What a precious way to receive the love of Jesus.

ALL WHO ARE THIRSTY
BRENTON BROWN and GLENN ROBERTSON

ALL WHO ARE THIRSTY
ALL WHO ARE WEAK
COME TO THE FOUNTAIN
DIP YOUR HEART IN THE STREAM OF LIFE
LET THE PAIN AND THE SORROW
BE WASHED AWAY
IN THE WAVES OF HIS MERCY
AS DEEP CRIES OUT TO DEEP (WE SING)

COME LORD JESUS COME
COME LORD JESUS COME
HOLY SPIRIT COME
HOLY SPIRIT COME

1998 VINEYARD SONGS

4 comments:

Profbaugh said...

Jean,

I love both of these songs. We sing "All Who Are Thirsty" on a regular basis in our worship service. Yup, I know all the harmony. Isn't it wonderful when the LORD coordinates the music and the message! So cool, it gives me goosebumps. I just wish I could have been there to worship with you.

~Cheryl

Cherdecor said...

I don't think I have heard these songs before, but the words are AWESOME!

Tonja said...

Beautiful post, Jean. God always has His plan whether we do or not, doesn't He?

Justabeachkat said...

I love the words to both songs...wish I could hear them too. It's amazing and wonderful how our God works. His timing is always perfect!

Hugs!
Kat