Thursday, August 30, 2007

Just some fun questions and answers

Some of my blog friends have been passing around this little survey this week. It's just for fun - both the thinking of one's own answers, and the reading of everyone else's! Here are the answers I came up with:

ACCENT: On an online test I recently took I was diagnosed with a Philadelphia accent, whatever that is. To some people I probably have a bit of a Pennsylvania Dutch accent, but I don't think I do!


I DON'T DRINK: anything but ice water, coffee, Celestial Seasonings Candy Lane green tea, and an occasional diet soda.

CHORE I HATE: vacuuming. I usually ask Dick to do it and he doesn't mind.

PETS: My favorite was a Chihuahua/Fox terrier mix named Lauren, but nicknamed Poopers. We don't have a pet now.

ESSENTIAL ELECTRONICS: No question, my computer, digital piano, digital camera, and cell phone.

PERFUME: Jovan Fresh Pachouli

GOLD OR SILVER: Depends upon my outfit. (I don't own anything valuable, unfortunately.)

INSOMNIA: Most of the insomnia I experience is the result of having too many things on my mind and being unable to stop my brain. However, I experience much less insomnia now than I did several years ago.

JOB TITLE: Music teacher, worship leader, mom, grandma, bookkeeper, cook, cleaning lady, etc.

MOST ADMIRABLE TRAIT: Hopefully my passion for the Lord and my compassion for people which I inherited from my dad.

KIDS: Miki, Lisa, Anthony, Jeremy, Sam, Frank, and Ray

PHOBIAS: Snakes

RELIGION: Follower of Jesus Christ, Mennonite denomination

SIBLINGS: Janet (in heaven), Dick, Mary Ellen, Doris, Barb, Betty, Rose

TIME I WAKE UP: 4:30 or 5:00

UNUSUAL TALENT OR SKILL: I was able to hear and sing harmony by the time I was five years old. When I direct a choir I can hear all the harmony parts at the same time and know which one isn't quite "on".

VEGETABLE: Homegrown sweet corn is the best, as are homegrown tomatoes. I probably eat more broccoli than any other vegetable. I eat salad made with dark leafy veggies four or five times a week. I hate brussel sprouts.

WORST HABIT: not keeping up with paper grading, then needing to do a whole lot at a time.

X-RAYS: I've had them on my head, my face, my back, my hips, my shoulder, my breasts, and most recently on my teeth.

FAVORITE MEAL: the potato cheese soup and bread that one of my coworkers makes for us twice a year - the day of my Christmas program and the day of my Spring program.

If you are reading this, consider yourself TAGGED!

5 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Jean

I enjoyed reading your answers...I love memes since it's a great way to learn more about each other.

I'm finally getting around to "catching up" on my blog reading. I've loved reading all about the new babies! How exciting.

Thanks again Jean for your prayers for me and for Beth.

I'm so excited about Sunday. Can't wait to see you.

Hugs!
Kat

Dianne said...

Great answers and I'm glad you did this so quickly! YEA! :-)

Cherdecor said...

I LOVED reading your meme. Why don't you do one on your favorite praise song, worship song, old hymn, and favorite singer, instrument, etc?

Jean said...

I have WAY too many favorites of each of those, Cheryl! Of the hymns, it would either be How Great Thou Art or When Peace Like a River (It Is Well with My Soul).

Momma Roar said...

Since I've heard you speak, I'm gonna have to say that yes, you do have a touch of PA dutch in there Jean! :)

Have a great weekend!