Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Some good thrift shop shopping

I had a good workout this morning at the rec center. It's so much better going in the mornings than after school when all the macho men are there grunting and sweating. The new workout room is so much bigger now, so maybe I won't mind those guys so much when I have to start going after the school day when Fall comes.

When we left the rec center I did something I haven't done in the two years since we moved near to this little historic town. I parked my car in town and we walked to several shops. My friend Kati had told me about a good thrift shop, and I decided to look it up. This town has a LOT of little specialty shops, and sometime when I don't have Destiny along I would like to walk around and explore them all. For today I just went to two thrift shops to look for summer clothing for Destiny. Would you believe, I found capris, pants, and shorts at one shop, then went to the other one and found tops to match. I made her try each outfit on when we got home and took pictures of them. Just look at them below and see if you don't think I did a pretty good job for $21.00??!!

6 comments:

Momma Roar said...

I think you did an awesome job for just $21!! She looks so cute in all the outfits! :)

Cherdecor said...

Wow! You and Destiny made out like a burglar! What beautiful outfits! $21....unbelievable!

Dianne said...

My word! What cute stuff for $21! When Kate was born, my sister told me she was going looking for clothes at some thrift shops because Kate was just growing so quickly...I was like, "OH NO! My poor adorable niece is going to wear thift shop clothes!" Well guess what, they wound up being some of the cutest clothes she had! There are definitely deals out there if you take the time to look! I'm proud of you! YOU GO GIRL! :-)

Tracey said...

So precious! She is just adorable and the clothes are cute too!

Justabeachkat said...

You really did well. Amazing! One of my daughter-in-laws is good at finding deals too. Destiny looks great in all of them. But, of course, she would look good in anything. She's a doll!

Tonja said...

What a cutie she is! And the outfits look adorable. You did good! Way to go!