This is an amazingly eventless weekend. I'm just putzing around, slowly getting different things done. Today I intended to finish up all paper grading and calculate all the report card grades, but it was so boring and since I knew I still have tomorrow, I didn't get finished. I'm so not in the mood for anymore school work.
Dick put up a tree swing for Destiny yesterday. It looks like such fun, I think I'm going to try it out. We're not allowed to have any children's swing sets here since it's an over 55 community, so the tree swing is better than nothing. She loves it.
We received the very sad news that our former pastor's wife, Phyllis Gorno, died after a battle with ovarian cancer. Our family is so very, very sad, as are many, many people. She was such a sweet, loving woman. They have one married daughter who lives in Texas and one in college. Please lift up a prayer for them at this very difficult time.
This past week Lisa and George and Sophie planned to spend their vacation week at a beach house. However, at the beginning of the week George was struck with a vicious stomach flu, and Lisa was beginning to feel like she was getting it too. So they packed up and returned home. They all got better and spent the rest of the week doing things closer to home. I posted some pictures below.
4 comments:
After being so busy lately, I am sure this change of pace is a welcome change! I'm with you...the tree swing looks fun...if you do try it, get someone to get a picture of you using it! :-)
Awwww...goes ahead and try the swing. It's really fun. Just look at Destiny's face. Pure pleasure.
I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your former pastor's wife. I know that the glory bells of heaven are ringing on her behalf.
I loved the pics of Sophie at the beach and fishing in her pool. Cute!
It looks like Destiny will have some fun swinging from a tree. (Nothing intended there. LOL!)
You know, I never did get sick. I told the doctor on Thursday about the things that seem to be happening to me. This whole thing is a very long story which I have not chosen to tell here on the blog because I get so tired talking about it. I am taking the wait and see attitude. Thanks for your concern.
Hey. I meant to add that I am sorry about your friend's death too. Death is never easy to deal with, no matter the circumstances. I will remember them and pray that you will know what to say and do for them as well.
Post a Comment