Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Trying to keep up

I'm trying to play catch-up at school with my worship team. Our first time going to lead worship at a church is already next Sunday, April 1st. I usually just practice with them on Fridays, but last Friday we got chased home by the snow. So I rearranged my schedule so we could practice today, then again tomorrow, and an extended practice on Friday until 4:30. Next week the middle school has a special chapel speaker each morning, and the worship team will lead each morning as well, so that should also help us to be more ready for next Sunday.

This evening I went with some ladies from church to sing at Hamilton Arms Retirement Center in Lancaster. We do that monthly. I really do enjoy it. I had a nice, long chat on the phone with Jeremiah Coyne as I drove to Lancaster. I just love that boy! He said he's going to sing
You Raise Me Up at Manheim Central's graduation. I gotta find a way to get invited to that graduation!! We're trying to figure out a time and place for him and Heather Harley (my former student who had the lead role in Hempfield's musical a few week's ago) to sing together. She was there on Sunday to see Beauty and the Beast. She told me during intermission, "I want to sing with him!!!" I can't imagine how awesome those two would sound together. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

Yesterday right after school I took Destiny to her mommy's place, since she had an evening off work. She lives near Elizabethtown now, about 1/2 hour from here. I picked Destiny up at 8:00. So that took a good portion of my after-school time. My house is beginning to look like it's begging me to stay home. At least I got several meals cooked on Saturday, so I haven't had to worry about finding time for that.

I think Dick said it may get close to 70 degrees tomorrow. That sounds GOOOOOOD!

2 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Girl...I hope you're taking some Geritol. You need something to help keep your energy up with your wild schedule! Hang in there. This too shall pass.

Dianne said...

You are right...70 degrees is great and you made me laugh about having to find a way to get invited to that graduation! Sounds like things are busy there right now...just be sure to take care of YOU! :-)