This evening our school had a roller skating party. I felt way too tired to go, but Dick had to work this evening, and I knew Destiny was looking forward to it, so she and I went. It really was a very fun evening.
Afterward we stopped in at my parents' house. My sister Barb's son Eric (from Idaho) is there tonight and we wanted to see him. He bought a big Kenworth truck here in the Harrisburg area (because they're cheaper in here than out there), so he flew from Idaho yesterday and will be driving the truck back home.
Barb and her family are big-time dairy farmers. In 1991 (I think) they sold their farm in this area and moved their entire dairy herd to Idaho. It's always a rare and special event when one of them comes to PA for a visit (the people, that is - not the cows!!)
2 comments:
Boy, I remember going to skating parties with our daughter. It's really fun to watch everyone hugging the sides (hehe) and I was one of them sometimes!
Did you skate, too? I rollerskated a bunch as a teenager, but I find that I am a wall-hugger, too, whenever I think I might try. And trY???? I have not for many a year. I don't think that will change in the near future, either!)
Post a Comment