Saturday, December 02, 2006

My feet are protesting

Yesterday was the first day of having rehearsals on the stage at school. I had rehearsals with all four choruses - Mass Chorus (which is the entire student body), Primary Chorus (grades K - 2), Intermediate Chorus (grades 3 - 5), and Middle School Chorus (grades 6 - 8). In addition to those rehearsals on the stage I had three regular classes in my classroom. The sixth grade girls are learning to play the glockenspiels for the instrumental ensemble, and there are at least five boys in that grade that play guitar (several are beginners). You should hear a classroom full of beginner glockenspiel players and guitarists working on playing new songs together!! The dear kids who don't play an instrument sat patiently (some more than others!) through it all. I was exhausted at the end of the day, but I did my grocery shopping on the way home.

In the evening we took Destiny to the rec center for their Parents' Night Out. We didn't go out though. Dick worked on things for the church musical while I gave Destiny's room a thorough cleaning. Every few months I like to give her room a good cleaning when she's not here. I always throw out a bunch of useless stuff and she never misses it. I also started the laundry.

Today I did a lot more laundry, caught up on two weeks' worth of bookwork and bill-paying, and made spaghetti sauce. I still have to finish the music preparations for tomorrow morning and I was planning to make another meal or two for this coming week, but my feet are protesting.

Tomorrow will be another big day. Right after church we will be going to a Myers family gathering. That is my mother's side of the family. Then from 4:30 - 6:30 we will have a rehearsal for the church musical. It will be the first time we are doing the songs and drama together.

Well, it's time to get off this chair and go wash Destiny's looooong hair. She's been playing in the tub for at least an hour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, girl, you better slow down. Here are two suggestions, teach Destiny how to pay your bills, (I am sure she can do it) and buy Prego Spaghetti sauce. (: