The heavens opened this afternoon and literally DUMPED rain on us. My drive home from school was really scary. I could hardly see, and I would drive into high water before I could even see it. I never would have believed that the roads between school and my house could be flooded, but they were. I am eager to hear how much rain we got. I think it stopped now and there is actually a sunset. Most of the afternoon it seemed like evening, because it was so dark.
Yesterday Destiny made me smile. We were hurrying to the rec center after school for her dance class. Suddenly I thought of her baton and said, "Oh, no, do we have your baton?" She said that it was in the back seat with her, and I remembered of her carrying it out of the house in the morning. Destiny said, "Thank you, LORD. Thank you, Lord, for giving my grandma that faithful thought." I was enjoying her little moment of praise, but then I was brought back down to earth when she added, "No, it was a dumb thought. I knew it was back here and YOU knew it was back here too."
Yes, well, this grandma is getting pretty forgetful. Last week my whole focus was on getting everything done before my trip to Florida. When I pulled things out of Destiny's backpack, I would glance over them and put them on a stack on the counter. The first two days of this week I felt like I was just recovering and trying to catch up with my life. But I didn't do too well. At the end of Tuesday I was reminded that I had forgotten to send Destiny's library book with her, so she wasn't allowed to get a new book during library period. I also forgot to send the list of the books we read to her this week, so she couldn't get a sticker. I also forgot that it was my turn to provide the kindergarten snack. I felt like I'm being one of those mothers that we teachers always talk about - the ones who never read the stuff you send home, never remember anything you ask them to do, etc.
Now I probably have all of you wondering about me too - all these confessions, plus the dumb things I did at the airports this past weekend. But trust me, the list of things I DID remember this week would be a lot longer!
3 comments:
We REALLY had a lot of rain also. Check my blog tomorrow. You won't believe the sky picture I took. Alan was sent home early because of the storm. We were sitting in the livingroom talking when the sky turned totally ORANGE. It was scary. Everything in our backyard including the white shed turned orange. There was a bow echo on the radar. There was a tornado warning up. Thank God we didn't get one.
Don't worry, sweet Jeanie girl. It really is another case of "Your hard drive is full." And we got lots of rain yesterday, too. They say it is to be nice now for a couple of days, but the spur on my heel says otherwise!
I have been checking your sites sometimes but didn't tell you. I saw you found my xanga site. You still sound like a BUSY lady.
Post a Comment