Dick is accomplishing a huge task this weekend. I know you're thinking it's the big walkway project I mentioned before, but it's not. (I think that one's on hold for now.) He has known for some time that the engine of his Explorer needs to be replaced. He already bought the replacement engine and we've just been waiting for the right time for him to complete the project without putting the Explorer out of commission for too long. When we found out that Lisa and George were not coming this weekend as planned, and Dick had already arranged to have off from Advance Auto Parts this evening, we decided this is the time. It's taking team effort to get it accomplished. At his place of employment they are not allowed to work at the shop alone. Apparently at some point a guy was there working alone and he got hurt, and there was no one there for him. So since then, when an employee works after hours, he must have someone there with him. We understand that rule, but it's a pain sometimes.
So this is how we're doing it. Last evening Frank kept Destiny so I could be at the shop with Dick. I worked on organizing the music notebooks for church. (Sometimes I don't get the music put back in alphabetical order each week, and after a few weeks, it gets to be a huge job.) Around 10 p.m. I went to Frank's to pick Destiny up and got there just in time for Lancaster City's fireworks display! I think the whole city was out on the streets, and some of the streets were blocked, but I got around okay.
If all goes as planned today, Ray will be arriving shortly to sleep here (he works night shift and I asked him to sleep here today so we could let Destiny sleep). After he gets here Dick and I will head to the shop again. Sam is coming up from West Chester to spend the day at the shop with Dick. So when he arrives around 10:00 a.m. I will go home. Destiny will probably sleep that late since she went to bed so late last night. Then after Frank gets off work at 4, he'll get Destiny again, so I can go to the shop to take the evening "shift". We are praying that all goes well and Dick gets the job done today and can drive the Explorer home tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment