Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Happy Birthday, J'von

I know it seems like we're celebrating a birthday or an anniversary every day just now! Actually there would be even more this week if I had included the birthdays of Dick's dad, two of my neices, my nephew, and my neice's husband!! All in one week!!

Anyway, two years ago today J'von Collazo was born to our son Frank and his girlfriend Danielle. I think Frank called me at 3 a.m. to tell me they were leaving to go to the hospital. Well, of course, I couldn't go back to sleep after that. As the morning wore on and on and on, I finally decided that since I had business to do at the post office anyway, I would go to the Lancaster post office to do it, since that is right down the road from Women and Babies Hospital. Sure enough! Just as Destiny and I were walking out of the post office at 12:30, my cell phone rang and Frank said, "HE'S OUT!!" We were there within 10 minutes after he was born.

J'von is about as cute as they get. Below I posted several of my favorite pictures of him. Unfortunately Frank and Danielle aren't together anymore, which makes me very sad, because our whole family just loved Danielle. J'von lives with her, so we seldom get to see him. The last time we saw him at Easter, his obsession was football, football, football. He walked around with a football under his arm all the time. It looked so cute. He already was really into watching football games on TV!! For those those of you who are more recent acquaintances of mine, Frank was a football player for Manheim Central in high school, and now plays with the Lancaster Lightnings, a semi-pro team. So I guess it's in J'von's genes. And if it weren't, Frank would make sure it got there!

No comments: