Today our daughter Lisa and her husband George are celebrating their 8th wedding anniversary. I have such fond memories of that day. Miki and Kris and their children were home from Sweden, all our boys were home and on their best behavior. (!!) George used all five of our boys as groomsmen. They made a very handsome line up that got to this mother's heart. Lisa had Miki as her matron of honor and she looked so lovely. Katrina and Bjorn were flower girl and ring bearer and they stole the show. We had the wedding at the chapel at Willow Valley and the reception in Willow Valley's Palm Court which was so convenient and beautiful. We had lots of musical variety. Lisa's favorite teacher, Frank Rittenhouse, played the organ, including some duets with our nephew Joe Stauffer on trumpet and our son-in-law Kris on flute. Jeremy sang "I Will Be Here" and I sang "The Lord's Prayer". At the reception Anthony's band played. Lisa surprised George by singing a song to him with Anthony's band. The whole balcony of Palm Court was lined up with spectators during her song. What fun! Kris provided background piano music while we ate. He's so incredibly gifted, he just sat there and played song after song and after while he started playing jazzed up Christmas carols! For one song he played piano with Anthony's band and you would have thought he always played with them. He's such a ham. Jeremy and I each sang another solo at the reception. Mine was "Sunrise, Sunset" from Fiddler on the Roof. I just love that song.
It was so much fun that night with all the kids home (except Lisa and George, of course!) We just didn't feel like going to bed. I remember Ray just loved wearing a tux so much he wanted to sleep in it! He could hardly wait to wear it to church the next morning.
I miss those days when it seemed so much easier for all of us to be together.
1 comment:
I loved reading about their special day. They are a lovely couple.
AND JEAN, you were a knock out yourself! (Or should I say, you still are!) Ha! Ha! You look really pretty in that green dress.
Post a Comment