This post is especially for the Stauffers whom we were camping with this past weekend. I was lamenting the fact that sometime since we moved a year ago, I had lost my really nice, big cookie sheet. I told them that it actually was Jeremy's, but it was nicer than any I had ever had, so while we stored his stuff after he moved to Florida two years ago, I just "kept" it. The Stauffers joked that probably when Jeremy was home in May he saw his cookie sheet in my cupboard and decided to take it back.
WELL, I found my cookie sheet yesterday. I was putting away the Scrabble game that I had taken along camping (which nobody even played), and there was my cookie sheet with a puzzle on it that Destiny had put together a few months ago!!
This reminded me of our lost cast iron pot. Two years ago when we were packing for the Stauffer camping weekend, we discovered that we only had one cast iron pot instead of the two we have always taken along camping. We figured it must have gone home with his dad or one of his brothers the year before. But upon asking everyone that weekend, no one had a cast iron pot that did not belong to them. We were completely puzzled. We couldn't imagine we would have given it to anyone. We have quite a collection of cast iron and I've always decorated my kitchen with it and we've always used cast iron for cooking when we're camping.
About six months later Dick was sitting in the kitchen reading the newspaper and I was in the family room. Dick said, "Hey, dear, I found our cast iron kettle." I said, "WHERE???" He said, "On the wall." I came out to the kitchen, and there it hung right beside it's lid - decorating that wall just where we had decided to put it sometime between those two Stauffer camping weekends! We had both become so used to seeing it there, that it never occurred to us that it was the camping kettle we were missing!!
I think I'll stop now before everyone thinks I should have stayed at the Hamilton Arms Retirement Center where I went to sing this evening!!
No comments:
Post a Comment