Thursday, May 25, 2006

New Line Revue

Last evening was Destiny's New Line Revue show at the Warwick High School. It was a huge, very professional event. There were 29 acts, with a 15-minute intermission. It lasted from 6:30 until after after 9:00. Dick changed clothes at work and went straight there to get a place in line at the door for us. Destiny sat on the bleachers with us the first half, then at intermission I went back stage with her and stayed with her team until they were ready to go out. It was a long night for such little girls. Both Enid and Frank came, as well as Enid's little boy, her brother, and one of his friends. That really meant a lot to Destiny that they were there. The show included baton twirling, pom poms, dancing, and tumbling. Like I said before, it was extremely professionally done, considering it was in a small town like Lititz!

Afterward we hurried home to catch the end of American Idol, on time to see Taylor Hicks win. Sorry Jeremy. I guess other people like him! (Like I do!)

Today is Destiny's last day of preschool at Manheim Christian. They are going on a field trip to Hands On House and Manheim Township Park. I'm going along.

No comments: