Next week our middle school will have Spiritual Emphasis Week. Each morning we will have a special speaker, Donovan Lefever. Donovan attended our school and now is director of Oasis Youth Ministry in Manheim. Donovan's mother, Rachel, was a very good friend of mine. She died several years ago after a battle with cancer. In addition to Donovan's message each morning, the MCDS Worship Team will lead 15 or 20 minutes of worship. So today I was getting some extra songs ready for my instrumentalists for that.
I also pretty much figured out today, after listening to try-outs for the past several weeks, who will get the solos and speaking parts in the musical that the intermediate chorus will be doing in May. I guess I'll make those announcements in chorus tomorrow. As usual, some people will be delighted and others will be sulking. It's so hard to make such decisions. We are doing a musical called, "The King's Animal Kingdom". The music and script are just the best. But I will need some animal costumes that I don't know where to begin looking for - two monkeys, two lions, a bullfrog, and a butterfly - yes, believe it or not, the musical includes that old song, "Bullfrogs and Butterflies"!!
If you haven't noticed, I have a link to our daughter Miki's blog on my sidebar. Her entries are so interesting. Maybe I'm just prejudiced, but I don't think so. I also have links to my sister Rose's blog, which she's been updating almost every day, and to our son Anthony and daughter-in-law Lori's blog, which they have NOT been updating almost every day!! I guess Lori is too busy travelling the world and Anthony's probably too busy in his recording studio. I'm looking forward to having them here for Easter.
Last Sunday George and Sophie went to visit his mother. He took a picture with his phone of Sophie watching Veggie Tales with her grandma. I had a pang of jealousy when I saw the picture, but I was very happy for Sharyn.
No comments:
Post a Comment