Friday, March 24, 2006

Seussical the Musical

This evening we went to Manheim Central's musical. They did Seussical the Musical, based on the works of Dr. Suess. It was the most incredible high school production I have ever seen. There were SOOO many people in the cast, it took seven pages of the program to list them all! We got seats right up front, which was good for Destiny. For me, the greatest enjoyment was watching seven of my former students up there, some of them in major roles. I laughed so hard, and I was so proud of them, I felt like I would just explode. I got pictures of them afterward. I do regret that I didn't see Emma Thompson afterward, or my neice Greta Fahnestock. I would have pictures of them too, if I had seen them. Brandon Kreider is so amazing. He was always so quiet in school. When he was in eighth grade, I gave him a major part in the Christmas musical, not because I thought he would be the most dramatic, but because I thought he was the only person who could memorize the enormous amount of lines. He ended up being the absolutely funniest actor I had ever had. He just amazed everyone. The next year when he got to Manheim Central, he landed a lead role in the fall play, and has had major roles in every production since. (He's a sophomore now.) Wow, this was just the shot in the arm I needed.

No comments: