Monday, February 13, 2006

Sad news

I was very sad this morning when one of my students told me that Lucinda Dice, mentioned previously on one of my blogs, died on Saturday. Miki and I talked a long time on the phone yesterday afternoon, but I did not know at that time that Lucinda had died. Lucinda was such a beautiful, vivacious person. When Miki was a new Christian in high school, Lucinda was her cell group leader and personal discipler. She would challenge Miki to be a woman of God, and I believe she deserves a lot of the credit for the spiritual growth and passion for God that Miki experienced over those years. Thank you, Lord, for placing her in Miki's life at such a strategic time. I heard a rumor today that Lucinda possibly had a strep infection in the form of a cyst that burst. How scary that such a deadly thing could be lurking in one's body. Just as in my sister Janet's death last November, there are so many questions. Why would God take such a dynamic person from the body of Christ? Why would He take a mother away from her young children? She waited on God for a husband and a family, and now they no longer have her. There are no answers that we as human beings can understand. Her first baby daughter died at several months of age of SIDS, I think. At least it's nice to think that she is reunited with that little one.

No comments: