Tuesday, February 07, 2006
More drama
I forgot to mention that we had some drama around here today also. Ray called me last evening around 7 p.m. and said that he was having extreme pain in a tooth where a filling had come out some time ago. I told him to go to the drug store and get some pain medication. He works night shift, so I didn't know if he'd be fit to go to work or not. This morning he called shortly after 5:30. He said the four ibuprofen he took didn't touch the pain. He worked until he couldn't stand it anymore at 2:45, went to the drug store and got ambusol (sp) swabs, but that didn't do a thing for him either. He finally called our dentist office at 4:30 a.m. and the message gave a number to call in case of emergency. He called it and it was the dentist's home number. Bless her dear heart, she told him she'd take him at 8:30 when the office would open. When he called me he was going completely crazy with pain. He said he'd been laying down trying to sleep, just crying and praying for relief. He didn't see how he could survive until 8:30. He wanted to get a hammer and knock the tooth out by himself! I told him to come to our house a while - I just couldn't stand to think of him being alone with all that pain. Until he got here, I looked up some tips on the internet. It said to keep the head elevated and try an ice compress. I also found out that he hadn't taken anymore ibuprofen since last evening, so I gave him a combination of ibuprofen and tylenol. He held ice against it for a while. When it started to calm down he said he was starving, so I made him scrambled eggs. Eventually he fell asleep sitting up and I had to waken him when it was time for him to go to the dentist. She said he has an absess, which must be taken care of first, so she gave him prescriptions for an antibiotic and a stronger pain medication. He slept here sitting on the couch today and was in much better shape by this evening, praise God. At least it happened on a Tuesday morning when I only go to school at 9 instead of 7:30.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment