I decided to go dress hunting last evening instead of doing our laundry, because they're calling for ice this evening. I would rather do laundry on an icy evening than drive anywhere. Dick works at Advance Auto Parts on Wednesday evenings, so I called Frank again, and he was able to keep Destiny for a few hours. I had checked out Fashion Bug in Lititz during Destiny's dance class after school, but they don't have dresses this year either. So last evening I started out at Bon Ton, then Penneys. My feet were killing me (these orthotic inserts are not the miracle cure I was hoping for!) and I was feeling downright disgusted with the ugly dresses everywhere. It was almost time to meet Frank. I decided to go back to Boscov's where I had looked last week. There was one dress I had tried on last week that I did like, but I knew I would need to altar it since it was not in petite sizing, and I had decided that even with the 30% discount, it was too expensive for something I would need to altar. However, in my desperation, I went there last evening, hoping it would still be there. It was (it was the only dress like it, no other sizes left), so I grabbed it off the rack and went to the cashier, and to my great satisfaction, it was an additional 15% off yesterday for some reason! So now I'll be doing some altaring this evening, but I can do that on an icy evening too. The ICE and SNOW they are predicting are the big question now. I have done a Christmas program every year since 1993 and have never needed to postpone it due to the weather. We shall see....
Below are more pictures of Sophie. For months now she has been working on her climbing skills. She's almost to the point that she's going to go right out over the top of her play yard - not a good thing when you have a tile floor!
No comments:
Post a Comment