Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas lights and Christmas visits

I decided to let Destiny open one gift when she woke up yesterday morning and then another one last evening, since she'll be at Enid's all day today. I still have a few gifts for her that we can take along in our luggage for Christmas day.

Last evening on the way home from church we went through the lovely Christmas display at Elvin Metzler's. I took quite a few pictures, but only one got good, because we were driving slowly. I told Dick to stop the car for the one picture, and that's the one that got okay. There was someone else behind us, so we hated to be stopping every few seconds! His display is the most beautiful I have ever seen. I think he should get some kind of national recognition. To top it off, he has Christmas music playing on outdoor speakers, so you can roll your windows down and feel like you are truly in a Winter Wonderland. I donated $10 to the Sertoma Club to be able to drive through the display they have at Long's Park last week. It was nothing compared to Elvin's display.

I must clean my house. Later today my parents are bringing my nephew Eric Brubaker for a visit. He is my sister Barb's 23-year-old son. Barb and her family and their entire dairy herd move across country to Idaho in the early 90's. Eric hasn't been East for many years. He drove by himself last week, stopping to visit relatives and friends along the way. He spent several days with his Brubaker grandparents this past week, and is now coming to spend several days with his Witmer grandparents. This is our only chance to see him, since he'll be heading West about the time we arrive home from Florida.

My sister Rose and her family (who live near Atlanta) are spending this week with her husband Bob's family in Orlando! That is only 1 1/2 hours from Tampa! Maybe, just maybe, it will work out for us to see each other. That would be so much fun.

This is a travelling family!

No comments: