Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Pray for the broken hearted

It's been a sad two days since I last wrote. As the news continues to unfold regarding the shooting that occurred on Sunday morning, my heart just breaks for the two families involved. At first I didn't think I knew anything of either family, but it turns out that there are many connections that we are becoming aware of. My sister Doris and her family used to be in a home group with the boy's family when they went to Petra Christian Fellowship. Dick's brother Jim coaches a home school volley ball team, of which the boy is a member. His mother is often working out at the gym at the same time I am. We were just on treadmills next to each other last week one day. A boy at our church is on a home school mime team on which the girl's siblings are members. This has hit very close to home and it's such an unthinkable, unspeakable situation. After finding the kids in Indiana yesterday, they were brought back to Lancaster today. I heard on the evening news that the boy was put into Lancaster prison. All I can think about is his mother. They all need our prayers so desperately.

I had an appointment with the foot specialist this morning and got orthotic inserts for my shoes. Hopefully they will help my aching feet.

No comments: