Saturday, October 29, 2005

Trying to keep up

Destiny woke me up at 3:00 a.m. This time she was feverish and very congested. I had given her Tylenol and an expectorant before she went to sleep at 7:30 p.m., but it was time for another dose. Once again, she went back to sleep, but I did not. Now I know why you should have little children when you're young - at least you can go back to sleep after they've woken you up. When you're old you can't! I took her to her babysitter today instead of to preschool.

This was a day for keeping in touch with some of my boys. Ray works night shift and stops in on his way home some mornings. He did that today and we talked for a while. He needed some motherly advice. Sam called me after he was done working at 5 and I had a nice chat with him. Our birthdays are only one day apart (November 8 and 9), so we always try to do something together. And later this evening Jeremy called me on his way to a Halloween costume party - he was dressed as a cowboy. That is really a stretch!! He said he'll send me pictures, so I'll post them when he does.

This evening I cleaned the house since my sisters-in-law are coming for breakfast. I guess I'm trying to "keep up with the Stauffers"! As I cleaned I listened to a special on NBC by Tom Brocaw - In God They Trust. It was really interesting and I thought Tom was very fair in his reporting.

No comments: