This day has felt like a test of endurance. It started out with no water here in our community this morning. Thankgoodness for baby wipes and bottled water to help get our bodies cleaned up for the day!
At school we had Grandparents Day, which is fun for some people and exhausting for others - like me. My Wednesdays are full with eight classes, including Middle School Chorus. Today I had that plus doing two songs with the entire student body for the grandparents during my lunch break, which meant pushing my piano to the gym and then back again. Directing 44 minutes of Middle School chorus with a bunch of grandparents in the room isn't exactly fun either. So enough complaining - at least I could come home and relax for a change. This cold weather is making me go into hibernation mode, I think. I'm starting to remember why I want to move to Florida some day, besides the obvious. And a call from Miki today reminded me of why I don't ever want to move to Sweden - they have been having snow all day today! She also said that Bjorn broke his arm at school on Monday. Dick has been wondering if he broke his nose playing basketball on Monday evening. I guess someone's elbow must have hit him hard enough to cause a lot of bleeding. He's got some swelling and a bit of discoloration at his eyes too.
No comments:
Post a Comment